Sunday 18 September 2011

Sleeping Beauty

My poor neglected blog, so grown up with brambles and undergrowth........ so I blew the cobwebs away, hacked my way through that spiky wall and discovered a slumbering castle within :)


 Creeping closer, all was so peaceful. 


Not a soul to be seen except a single bird high in the perfect blue sky.


A fairytale castle sleeping soundly. 



Carisbrooke Castle is one of my favourite places and between all the gales and rain we managed to pay it a little visit last week . We didn't go inside this time but to walk round and explore outside is still a treat.

   Photo: Chris Dean

Here is a little bat I made who I think would have felt very at home in the castle but he has already been snapped up and is flown off to his new home :)











2 comments:

  1. what a nice castle , I wish i was with you , and the weather was perfect !
    it seems such a quiet place , no tourists around

    good !new masks are coming I see !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a special place indeed and can be quite exciting in the winter if you are walking around the battlements in wild weather with the wind blowing ;))

    That day we saw only a handful of people although it does get very over crowded at the height of the tourist season, so it's lovely to be able to have it so near and visit during the quiet times when everyone else has gone home ;)

    Even more masks on their way soon I hope!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete