Tuesday 5 June 2012

Flowerings

The first buds in my Poison Garden are beginning to unfurl. Here are ' Deadly Nightshade' (Atropa Belladonna) and one of her dark sisters, 'Bleeding Heart' (Dicentra Spectabilis). Still very much works in progress but won't be too long before I can start to paint them :) Making their respective flowers to add to their decoration will be quite a challenge and I've still not quite decieded what medium to use. Perhaps paperclay, though mulberry paper may work for Nightshade....... I'm not sure.

I'm also working on 2 larger pieces (full face masks) . 'Lady Laudanum' as mistress of poppies is another of my poison plants. Also 'Visions' a very personal mask who is not part of this series. It will be a little while longer before they progressed enough to share :)

When finished these will be for sale on my Etsy page.


Nightshade




Bleeding Heart



Naughty Spider never likes to think that something is happening that might not actually involve him, so he just had to help out ;)

2 comments:

  1. Spider spider!!!
    Funny Spider cat his red eyes are very pretty ;) good to see your new masks , and to see everything in progress, and that you're back in your maks world !
    hope to see them on etsy soon !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, dear Spider he can't resist anything different in his world :) I do wish I could take a picture where you could see how beautifully blue his eyes are. But even with the camera on anti red-eye he still has that devilish gleam ;)

    I'm really enjoying these pieces, they've presented me with some good challenges. Hope to get the flowers made this weekend, then once the handles have had another coat of paper I can paint :))
    xxx

    ReplyDelete